Peat Bakke cc Just why when musical artists die their music sales soar?...Well, I thought about this when I read in USA TODAY yesterday that LOU REED and HERE had died at age 71. But then, I noticed that this often happens...NOT only to our musician friends but with our personal friends and family too. We all seem to appreciate the things we have lost, and then we think of all the good times etc.
So, let's think of Lou Reed today and what he added to his over fifty years in music. I love this quote, " "One chord is fine," he once said, alluding to his bare-bones guitar style. "Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz." states Reed, from THE ROLLING STONE.
In the late 60's and early 70's, Reed's band 'THE VELVET UNDERGROUND' was "the most influential American Rock Band of all time" again from THE ROLLING STONE, see link above.
I often thought of BOB DYLAN when I listened to Reed. Jan
AND, this Saturday, Steve is going to a 'life celebration' for a family member that we never really got to know in 18 years...what a shame, now she's gone. We will think of her and celebrate her too. Bye for now, Jan
Video links: REMEMBERING LOU REED, from ABCNews
We Respect Others Rights, Jan and Steve
Please Note: Portions of this work contain the intellectual property of third party authors and contributors. As such, third party authors and contributors retain all copyrights in the individual works and reserve all rights not specifically granted herein
WHAT's HAPPENING? My Updated Event List. If unconfirmed gigs please call first. Jan
- HEATHER JONES..Monday Night Jam at DAWSONS
- JEFF WALLACE.With The Motors and Jerry Miller
- JERRY MILLER.. Uncle Sam's, Thursdays
- LINDA MYERS BAND..Wednesday Jam at Dawson's
- SASS....nothing this week
- STEVE BARTLETT..BARTLETT ON BASS Jazz Jam, July 18th, Monday night, 7 pm
- UNCLE SAMs....Bartlett On BASS jazz jam on Monday nights, 7 pm
We Respect Others Rights, Jan and Steve
Want Your Gig Info Published Here?
- ► 2016 (106)
- ► 2015 (160)
- ► 2014 (187)
- 'Ole or Boo...A' Scary' Jam Tonight at EL MARIACHI...
- LOU REED, Rock and Roll Pioneer, Dead at 71..
- VICTOR WOOTEN Story: PART TWO
- Entrainment...Know The Power Of Music and VICTOR ...
- Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' Keep All Stones A Rolling
- 2014 MUSIC HALL OF FAME NOMINEES Are Here...So Soo...
- 0.K....I Made A Little Bitty Mistake...So What? Bi...
- Anything goes?....Morels, Sex And Music...More Abo...
- The Mysterious MONEY-MUSICIAN Connection
- JAZZ JAM Next Sunday In Shelton At THE GROVE ST B...
- Copy of Pepper Sauce Recipe From 'Lola's Feed And...
- SHARON JONES Performing With THE DAP-KINGS Again,...
- WEIRD NEWS: Making A Bomb For KEITH RICHARDS or Ju...
- JAZZ In Olympia??....You'd Better Believe It, AND ...
- You Know You Got It, If It Makes You Feel Good, J...
- Am I CRAZY or What?..O.K., O.K....Not So Fast...It...
- Yes, Missing Lorraine...'Oh, SWEET LORRAINE'...A T...
- What's Steve Smokin' Up This Week?
- ▼ October (18)
- ► 2012 (195)
- ► 2011 (170)
- ► 2010 (213)
- ► 2009 (222)
- ► 2008 (441)
- ► 2007 (399)
All Work..No Play?....Never...Jan
OLD HIPPIES LIVE HERE
About me....T. Jan Rose
- T. Jan Rose , Web Manager
- Yelm, Washington, United States
- I [T. Jan] share and review web sites with music, recipes and gardening information. I have been a mother, wife, nurse, apartment manager, chimney sweep, long distance runner, musician, artist, organic gardener and, A student of the GREAT WORK at R.S.E. Jan does the computer, Steve plays the bass and doesn't speak computer....but Jan doesn't speak bass...so, this works out well for us...Jan writes about music news, and this area's music events. The postings are all mine., . We share ideas about posts. Jan loves to create beautiful blogs to share ideas and keep my brain active, recovering from M.S. and other things. Jan always operate the computer, ..AND, all posts signed by Steve are in his exact words, and All our Sites licensed under Creative Commons. T. Jan.... Steve says..." I love animals, gardening, kids, music, nature and fishing.. A student of R.S.E. Really like being in nature and living simply. Enjoy teaching electric bass. Enjoy our sites." Steve.