Friday, September 23, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Monday, September 05, 2011
Saturday, September 03, 2011
|Photo by by Jim Whitehead cc..banana slug|
BARTLETT ON BASS will be performing at each one in the next couple of weeks with that fantastic band he's in with his music buddies..Jon, Scott and Tod.
Since, I have some problems lately with mobility, don't worry it's just temporary...I haven't been at the gigs...BUMMER. [T. Jan]. But, I have a great idea, I'll tell later AND, remember, I don't kiss like a banana slug, explanation to follow.
Steve tells me everything that gos on at his gigs...so, I can report it here. He says THE SPIRAL CAFE is just beautiful, with a fantastic stage, dance floor and fun, it's open for many cultural events. THE HIDDEN RIVER INN has so many great things posted about it online..a fine Restaurant plus theatre area that can hold up to 500 guests for music events....cool. It's in a wildlife santurary too.
So,....I want to get to ALL of my hubby's gigs, even if I do it creatively...OK? So here's my new idea...if a venue is difficult for me to get to I can be carried on one of those liter-things, you know what I mean, like Cleopatra...I like those big feather fans too...it'll be fun you guys.... really. Just sit me down by that cool bassman with his beautiful smile, and let me hear the music..OK? That's all, I'll be in Bartlett heaven.
This is where that banana slug story begins...that beautiful smile.
Steve and I have been together since Nov. 1995...we use to do everything together...after all, we're best friends that's all. I was at every gig and rehearsal too. I even went up north to his day-job with him when I could walk, using only a cane.
One time, Steve was working in Federal Way...no, it was Kent. We camped out each night at a State Park nearby. Since we hadn't packed a tent we just put our sleeping bag on the ground and had no tent.
One morning...Steve was smiling THAT smile, and grinning ear to ear, as we got up for coffee.
"What's up Steve?"...this is what he said. During the night, he woke up...thinking I was kissing him, and he was telling me this was NOT the time or place, he's a shy guy....that's when, he heard my snoring beside him. WHAT???
He reached up to pull a HUGH Banana Slug off his lips , and flung it into the forest...I just kept snoring peacefully the whole night. I don't kiss like a banana slug you guys AND, snore very dantily too,.THE END. T. Jan
THE SPIRAL CAFE info, go .HERE 201 Yelm Ave. 1st floor, 360/400-2233
HIDDEN RIVER INN info, go HERE. 15420 Vail Cut Off Rd. SE, Rainier, WA, 98576
Found this banana slug info on YOUTUBE. Posted by darkgreenchaos
Friday, September 02, 2011
Thursday, September 01, 2011
|WALTER's BIRTHDAY CD|
But,...the big surprise of the night was.....MARTIN SALINAS/guitar/vocals came into jam with these great musicans. This was the first sighting of SALINAS since the closing of his LIQUID SOUL COFFEE ROASTER's in McKenna on August 12th. He told Steve,,,he'll be in the area for about the next six months, then plans to return to his old home town of San Diago, CA. We'll miss you Martin.
We Respect Others Rights, Jan and Steve
WHAT's HAPPENING? My Updated Event List. If unconfirmed gigs please call first. Jan
- HEATHER JONES..Monday Night Jam at DAWSONS
- JEFF WALLACE.With The Motors and Jerry Miller
- JERRY MILLER.. Uncle Sam's, Thursdays
- LINDA MYERS BAND..Wednesday Jam at Dawson's
- SASS....nothing this week
- STEVE BARTLETT..BARTLETT ON BASS Jazz Jam, July 18th, Monday night, 7 pm
- UNCLE SAMs....Bartlett On BASS jazz jam on Monday nights, 7 pm
We Respect Others Rights, Jan and Steve
- ► 2016 (106)
- ► 2015 (160)
- ► 2014 (188)
- ► 2013 (190)
- ► 2012 (195)
- TONIGHT...WALTER's BIRTHDAY At THE SPIRAL CAFE In ...
- Surfin´ Bulldog (Beach Boys - Surfin´ USA)
- Johnny Lang - Lie To Me
- The Heavy - How You Like Me Now? (Live)
- MUSICIANS: TWO New Gig Venues To Check Out AND I D...
- New Event Confirmed...HIDDEN RIVER INN On Sept. 24...
- Buddy Guy with Ron Wood & Johnny Lang - Five Long ...
- What's Up? Latest BARTLETT News Here
- ▼ September (8)
- ► 2010 (213)
- ► 2009 (222)
- ► 2008 (441)
- ► 2007 (399)
About me....T. Jan Rose
- T. Jan Rose , Web Manager
- Yelm, Washington, United States
- I [T. Jan] share and review web sites with music, recipes and gardening information. I have been a mother, wife, nurse, apartment manager, chimney sweep, long distance runner, musician, artist, organic gardener and, A student of the GREAT WORK at R.S.E. Jan does the computer, Steve plays the bass and doesn't speak computer....but Jan doesn't speak bass...so, this works out well for us...Jan writes about music news, and this area's music events. The postings are all mine., . We share ideas about posts. Jan loves to create beautiful blogs to share ideas and keep my brain active, recovering from M.S. and other things. Jan always operate the computer, ..AND, all posts signed by Steve are in his exact words, and All our Sites licensed under Creative Commons. T. Jan.... Steve says..." I love animals, gardening, kids, music, nature and fishing.. A student of R.S.E. Really like being in nature and living simply. Enjoy teaching electric bass. Enjoy our sites." Steve.