1. First, I read on SHELLY ELY's FACEBOOK page, that SHELL and JHO are still hosting a way cool jam on every Sunday, it all starts 'bout 7:30 pm, ends 'round 10:30, at UNCLE SAM's AMERICAN BAR AND GRILL in Spanaway. She always has a great group of musicians out there on Sundays. Go check it out. OK?
2. Next, Steve and I ran into awesome NANCY TRIBUSH HILLMAN this weekend in Yelm. She's got a really cool musical going on right now at THE NEW TRIAD THEATER downtown Yelm [at the OL' DREW HARVEY THEATER], you know that's at 102 Yelm Ave., at the stop light...across from Tim's pharmency. Anyway, the musical is called 'LOUD NOISE IN A PUBLIC PLACE'...Well, I'm gonna make a real loud NOISE 'bout this one. Steve and I had the pleasure of working with Nancy Hillman way back in the 90's, in several shows...Steve BARTLETT ON BASS acting, and I was back stage in props...we also were both stage managers for the show 'ARSENIC AND OLD LACE'...So, we know this will be wonderful, we've never been disappointed. You don't wanna miss this. AND, our friend, G.W.Taylor/vocals is in this one,....cool. Go HERE or HERE for more. We heard that ERIC DELOME/guitar/vocals is doing a fine job filming this for Nancy. Cool.
3. At HIDDEN RIVER in Rainier there's a fun, cool Open Mic each Wednesday evening, 6 pm to 10 pm. Steve loves this cool place, and he's planning to be there tomorrow night. He gos down whenever he can. SEAN BARDEN/owner/guitar has a special dinner with each week's Open Mic on Wednesdays. Go hungry, and make a fun night of it...yum, you'll enjoy yourself. Go HERE for address etc..Also, THOMAS STARK/guitar/vocal will be appearing at HIDDEN RIVER on June 9th.
4. And, this Saturday, May 26th is THE TACOMA JAZZ AND BLUES FESTIVAL, starts at 10 am. at the FREIGHTHOUSE SQUARE, downtown Tacoma and ends up at THE STONEGATE on So.Tacoma Way that night at 11 pm. Go HERE
5. Yes,I know this is a ways out BUT, just sounds like so much fun. It's the annual THELOUIEFEST in Tacoma on July 28th and 29th. Go HERE and check it out, will ya? MERRI PETERSON SUTTON, an awsome music photographer, by the way, sent this invite to me....below copied from this FACEBOOK event page, link above...
- "Tacoma's Summer Music and Arts Festival!!! Two days! Four stages, 40 bands, culminating in 1000 guitars (get your amp down here!) playing LOUIE LOUIE with original members of The Fabulous Wailers and The Kingsmen!!! www.louiefest.com
Portion of proceeds benefiting the ...Wailers Performing Arts Foundation - getting instruments into kids' hands! www.wailersfoundation.org.
We are accepting applications for craft vendors until June 30 - info at www.louiefest.com or write to email@example.com for more info.
Found this THE WAILER's 'Louie, Louie' on YOUTUBE. 1961. Enjoy.