A new week.. music news and a change/attitute. Let's see what's happening for live music in the area...shall we?
UNCLE SAM's BAR AND GRILL in Spanaway. Of course, there's THE SHELLY ELY JAM tonight...always Sunday night's around 7 pm. Tonight, Shell has a great guest line up with my old dear friend Sheryl Clark/sax from Steve's 'ROAD DAWG' days, and there's also Laurie Johnson/vocals/harp the fearless leader of the band, 'CARELESS HUNTER' and Gary Crooks/guitar. This will be fantastic night to show up at UNCLE SAM's folks. Wish I could make it! Hope soon. I saw this, this morning on FACEBOOK from Shelly's page. I'm guessing, there will be Shell's regulars, DYLAN LANNY ENGLAND/drums TERRY JAE/bass too tonight, but it has not been confirmed...253-507-7808....if you need more information about this band OK? There are tacos and a grill at UNCLE SAM's. So, why not get a bite to eat.
Last night, Shelly Ely hosted the 2nd Anniversity Customer Appreciation night at UNCLE SAM's. Hope it went well. Nothing's posted that I have found.
On Thursday's UNCLE SAM's regular is THE JERRY MILLER BAND. The members of this band are Jerry Miller/guitar, Denny Foreman/guitar, Dave Erwin/bass, Jeff Wallace/keyboard/violin, Allen Heath/drums, and Russ Harris/congas/harp. It all starts at 7 pm. Call 253-507-7808 if you need more info. LAST INTERNATIONAL Blues/rock are booked for next Saturday, Dec. 4th at UNCLE SAM's. Start time 8 pm.
Next is LIQUID SOUL COFFEE ROASTERs in McKenna, WA. That's behind BAYDOS at the McKenna 'Y'. Phone 360/400-soul. The only thing up is THE MARTIN SALINAS BAND for Saturday, December 4th at 8 pm, $5.00 cover. Members of this band are not listed. It's sad for me to see no usual OPEN MIC listed for Thursday nights at LIQUID SOUL. I will keep watching and hoping...and let everyone know right away if I see anything booked. This week, Barb and Martin sent home a scone with Steve for me...it was delicious people. Barb's a fine cook. Go there this week for a fresh roasted cup of Joe and some excellent food too. OK?
WILLOUGHBY's RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE in Yelm. Just Karaoke posted for Willoughby's. No live music to report.
KENNY WILLIAMSON....nothing has changed on his site. No live music to report
John 'Scooch' Cugno Trio at THE GOVERNOR's GRILL in Olympia. That's 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm on Saturday nights. Live music with dinner. cool. BUT, nothing new has been posted. So please call first to confirm.
THE MANDOLIN CAFE in Tacoma. They have several nights of live music...usually Friday and Saturday nights for sure. AND, on Sunday nights it's Open Mic w/Denny Foreman & Friends. Time 6 pm to 9 pm. This is a fun relaxing place. My recomendation...get there early for parking. AND, People, please tip well at THE MANDOLIN. There are many fine musicians who play there. They play for their love of music only....NO PAY. Please remember and support them with a big tip OR buy their CD.
Well, on to THE SUMMIT PUB in Puyallup. Tuesday night's jam night 7 pm, nothing new posted, and there's live music again on Saturday's with nothing new posted.
Oh my Goodness....Are you seeing a pattern forming here? Well, here I go again...speaking my mind. Let's hope it doesn't get me into too much trouble. Now, this how I feel today...perhaps it will past...hope so, but, maybe not. Here we go...let's explore these ideas for a moment.
Just why am I doing this? huh? Well, yes, I was once a musician, and, I love my husband and see his awesome musical talent...of course, AND, I see all the work it takes him and his friends to be world class musicians...lots of work, lots of time..AND, usually really lousey pay. Many musicians make less than $10.00 a hour...way less, and have a couple of gigs a month, if they're lucky. Most have full-time 'Day Jobs' too...just to survive. When the economy gos down...folks stay at home more. The club owners' feel it and have to make a living too. Live music is usually one of the first things to go, jams, open mics, and karaoke take over where once musicians performed....then, as it gets worse, the clubs' start shutting down, slowly one by one by one.
All this genus, awesome musical talent...just waiting, unused, waiting to uplift and inspire our world, making this a better place. I [Jan] have reported the music news in Western Washington since 2006, posting over 1300 news items. Hoping that BARTLETT ON BASS would help local musicians link up with lovers of music and we'd all benefit and prosper. But, We've been misunderstood, and haven't done a very good job really. Been too polite, too timid and unassuming. Along, with my crumbing physical appearance [Jan] and Steve's innocent eagerness to please...have been seen by others as neediness and unworthiness.....Well, no more....we are now much older and wiser. It was a wonderful journey. Thank you for being a part of our jouney.
I [Jan] will continue loving live music, and continue to post when there's things to report and people who want to read about them. Steve's upcoming CD with the band he's in is exciting! But, to say...no live music to report over and over and over...is just silly, isn't it?
So...'So Long...AND Thanks for ALL the Fish' [by Douglas Adams] is my way of saying 'I Don't Know What'll Happen Next...Looks Like This Blog Is Winding Down Here...If There's Some Music To Report I Will....If Not, I Won't'. Thank you. Jan
Now, my Steve BARTLETT ON BASS, finished his parts in the in-progress CD, being created with the fine group of musicians he's in a band with. I heard some of the tunes from of the unfinished recordings...AND, loved it. When I hear more I'll let you know. Steve also has no live music to report this week. Again, thank you for supporting live music and reading all my reports and stuff. Jan
Photo by jurvetson
We Respect Others Rights, Jan and Steve
Please Note: Portions of this work contain the intellectual property of third party authors and contributors. As such, third party authors and contributors retain all copyrights in the individual works and reserve all rights not specifically granted herein
WHAT's HAPPENING? My Updated Event List. If unconfirmed gigs please call first. Jan
- HEATHER JONES..Monday Night Jam at DAWSONS
- JEFF WALLACE.With The Motors and Jerry Miller
- JERRY MILLER.. Uncle Sam's, Thursdays
- LINDA MYERS BAND..Wednesday Jam at Dawson's
- SASS....nothing this week
- STEVE BARTLETT..BARTLETT ON BASS Jazz Jam, July 18th, Monday night, 7 pm
- UNCLE SAMs....Bartlett On BASS jazz jam on Monday nights, 7 pm
We Respect Others Rights, Jan and Steve
- ► 2016 (106)
- ► 2015 (160)
- ► 2014 (188)
- ► 2013 (190)
- ► 2012 (195)
- ► 2011 (170)
- A Big Music Mystery...'There's NO Gnaryls Barkley'...
- WILLOUGHBY's Doing Bingo Tonight.....What? Stew...
- Local Live Music Report for 11/29. G' Bye.. And,T...
- WOW! What A Woman....Changes an Flat Tire On Plane...
- Give This Lady A Hand....Glitter In The Air By PIN...
- Just Listen To Those Rocks Sing...er-a-a... I mean...
- Three More Excellent Performances Of 'AMOST, MAINE...
- 'Bless This Earth, That We Live Upon...And, The Ma...
- Touching Video...'HAPPY THANKSGIVING'...From Jan a...
- What Ya Gonna Do With Those Old Vinyl Records? R...
- Sing-Along With This Goofy Guy...Will Ya?...Jan
- Amazing Guy Makes A Guitar With His Mouth Video
- My THANKSGIVING WEEK Local Live Music Report.. 11/...
- 'How Hard Can It Be??'..Says Jan--A German Orangut...
- Storms. Earthquakes And Music...From Jan
- Musical Secrets of Plato Video
- Dog Translating Device
- Lots of FUN Last Saturday Night...Jan interviews S...
- Jan Thanks WALTER's BIRTHDAY
- My Local Live Music Report for Week of Nov. 15th
- UPCOMING LIVE MUSIC EVENTS For Steve Bartlett
- TONIGHT's THE NIGHT...Expect Excellence In Live Mu...
- ORIANTHI....AMAZING GUITARIST.
- Rehearsal Tonight.....Again! What Jan Thinks
- WALTER's BIRTHDAY Video For Liquid Soul Gig on Sat...
- This Saturday, Nov. 13th. Be At Liquid Soul At 8 p...
- Local Live Music Report For Week Of Nov. 8th
- 'TAYLOR's SONG '[C] By JON BARONI
- Alice Dancing Under The Gallows
- How's It Going In The Recording Studio?...... Repo...
- KENNY WILLIAMSON News
- Whoops...How Do I Eat Crow?...Anyway?
- What's BARTLETT ON BASS Up To? What Secrets Does J...
- Dancin' The Boogie
- 'ALMOST. MAINE' In Tacoma...JESSICA BLINN NEWS
- What?? Is There Something On My Face?...From Jan
- ▼ November (36)
- ► 2009 (222)
- ► 2008 (441)
- ► 2007 (399)
About me....T. Jan Rose
- T. Jan Rose , Web Manager
- Yelm, Washington, United States
- I [T. Jan] share and review web sites with music, recipes and gardening information. I have been a mother, wife, nurse, apartment manager, chimney sweep, long distance runner, musician, artist, organic gardener and, A student of the GREAT WORK at R.S.E. Jan does the computer, Steve plays the bass and doesn't speak computer....but Jan doesn't speak bass...so, this works out well for us...Jan writes about music news, and this area's music events. The postings are all mine., . We share ideas about posts. Jan loves to create beautiful blogs to share ideas and keep my brain active, recovering from M.S. and other things. Jan always operate the computer, ..AND, all posts signed by Steve are in his exact words, and All our Sites licensed under Creative Commons. T. Jan.... Steve says..." I love animals, gardening, kids, music, nature and fishing.. A student of R.S.E. Really like being in nature and living simply. Enjoy teaching electric bass. Enjoy our sites." Steve.