Photo by guitar blues by Rodrigo Moraes. From WIKIPEDIA...
"Rosetta Tharpe (March 20, 1915 – October 9, 1973) was a pioneering Gospel singer, songwriter and recording artist who attained great popularity in the 1930s and 1940s with a unique mixture of spiritual lyrics and early rock accompaniment. She became the first great recording star of Gospel music in the late 1930s and also became known as the "original soul sister" of recorded music.
Willing to cross the line between sacred and secular by performing her inspirational music of 'light' in the 'darkness' of the nightclubs and concert halls with big bands behind her, her witty, idiosyncratic style also left a lasting mark on more conventional gospel artists, such as Ira Tucker, Sr., of the Dixie Hummingbirds. While she offended some conservative churchgoers with her forays into the world of pop music, she never left gospel music." Go to...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sister_Rosetta_Tharpe
Listen to an early Sister Rosetta Tharpe in the video posted below in 'Four Or Five Times'.
We Respect Others Rights, Jan and Steve
Please Note: Portions of this work contain the intellectual property of third party authors and contributors. As such, third party authors and contributors retain all copyrights in the individual works and reserve all rights not specifically granted herein
WHAT's HAPPENING? My Updated Event List. If unconfirmed gigs please call first. Jan
- HEATHER JONES..Monday Night Jam at DAWSONS
- JEFF WALLACE.With The Motors and Jerry Miller
- JERRY MILLER.. Uncle Sam's, Thursdays
- LINDA MYERS BAND..Wednesday Jam at Dawson's
- SASS....nothing this week
- STEVE BARTLETT..BARTLETT ON BASS Jazz Jam, July 18th, Monday night, 7 pm
- UNCLE SAMs....Bartlett On BASS jazz jam on Monday nights, 7 pm
We Respect Others Rights, Jan and Steve
- ► 2016 (106)
- ► 2015 (160)
- ► 2014 (188)
- ► 2013 (190)
- ► 2012 (195)
- ► 2011 (170)
- ► 2010 (213)
- ECLIPSE at Elbe Bar And Grill Tomorrow Afternoon
- Salmon Bay Eagles Blues
- Unknown 'Mozart Fragments' Uncovered
- 'Can We Pretend', by Bill Withers
- Dick Metcalf's Review of Last Saturday Night's Gig...
- Tomorrow Be At The Blue Bottle Cafe
- YES! 'Be Hear' Saturday
- 'Be Hear' 8PM Saturday At The Blue Bottle Cafe
- Jessica Blinn Quartet This Friday
- Hear Cara, Stefan and Bartlett This Saturday @ Blu...
- Elvis Presley -Hound dog
- 'Cheeseburger Deluxe'--Bartlett 1972 to 1975
- 'Tod Lemkuhl Group' At 'Liquid Soul' Next Saturday...
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe History
- Lucky Millinder-Four or Five Times
- Be In Elbe Tomorrow
- Russ Bartlett--In Austin
- TWITTERING The Blues 2: Road Trip
- Last Saturday's Gig at 'The Blue Bottle Cafe'
- Jessica Blinn at the ROYAL Tonight
- See Cara This Saturday/Blue Bottle 8PM.. Info BELO...
- Cara Clarke At 'Blue Bottle Cafe' This Saturday
- This Friday Night Gig @ 'Liquid Soul' Cancelled
- Where To Watch Michael Jackson Memorial Online
- 'Jessica Blinn Trio' Play This Wednesday Evening
- Thanks Cara Clarke
- ECLIPSE In Elbe for the 4th
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2008 (441)
- ► 2007 (399)
About me....T. Jan Rose
- T. Jan Rose , Web Manager
- Yelm, Washington, United States
- I [T. Jan] share and review web sites with music, recipes and gardening information. I have been a mother, wife, nurse, apartment manager, chimney sweep, long distance runner, musician, artist, organic gardener and, A student of the GREAT WORK at R.S.E. Jan does the computer, Steve plays the bass and doesn't speak computer....but Jan doesn't speak bass...so, this works out well for us...Jan writes about music news, and this area's music events. The postings are all mine., . We share ideas about posts. Jan loves to create beautiful blogs to share ideas and keep my brain active, recovering from M.S. and other things. Jan always operate the computer, ..AND, all posts signed by Steve are in his exact words, and All our Sites licensed under Creative Commons. T. Jan.... Steve says..." I love animals, gardening, kids, music, nature and fishing.. A student of R.S.E. Really like being in nature and living simply. Enjoy teaching electric bass. Enjoy our sites." Steve.